Monday 8 June 2009

Share with you

Several things have tickled my fancy today in the newspaper so I thought I would share them with you.
Sandy Toksvig said " causing mild offence is surprisingly simple. the swiftest route is to mention anything to do with religion. It's like pulling a small lever at the post office as the mail floods in. It's amazing how many people think that the good lord is all powerful and all seeing but they had best write in on his behalf just in case he missed something"

Dr fanu says " If, while sitting I rotate my right foot around in a clockwork direction, and then at the same time draw an imaginary "six" with my right hand- then my foot immediately starts revolving in the opposite direction" Try It!

Jerome K.Jerome said "Who wants to be foretold the weather? it is bad enough when it come, without us having the misery of knowing about it beforehand!"

Yes I know I have a strange taste in things that I want to read out to somebody over the breakfast table but there you are.
sheila x

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

That foot things work. It makes mine go anti clockwise.