Friday 12 June 2009

Ice work if you can get it!

Yesterday we went to the dentist. He wasn't German this time but a young Italian lad so we were able to have a good talk with him. However we were not happy with the set up. It all seems very unprofessional and we don't have any confidence in them. So........ graham rang another practice, and providing we don't tell anybody, they said they would take us onto their books. ( Whoops! I just told thousands!)
Whist we were at the dentist our eggs arrived from Scotland but the postman wouldn't leave them because they needed to be signed for. That meant that we couldn't get them until after 7am this morning.
Graham went and got them whilst I was still in bed which was very good of him ( He's like that) and after breakfast I managed to get the girls out and put the new eggs in the nest. Here's hoping that at least some of the twelve now being sat upon wll hatch out. Maybe they will all be cockerels in which case they may have to be culled. Apparently you can dispatch cockerels when they weigh 9lbs and they make good eating. We shall see!
Glorious weather here today. I have been sitting outside with my foot in a bowl of ice. I must say it does seem to have helped. Maybe I will do it again later. Graham is going to the village this afternoon to help put up the marquee for tomorrows hog roast. I shall go and offer encouragement from the sidelines!
more later
sheila x

3 comments:

Mary Sue said...

Sheila, I've not been a fan of icing my limbs, but a couple of months ago my achilles on both my legs started hurting me, and killed me after a walk. I reluctantly iced them after walking, and I was amazed how much it helped. So I've iced them after each walk (almost every day) and today I just got home from a 90 minute walk and they barely are sore. I'll ice them anyway, as now I'm a believer.

sonia said...

Paula Radcliffe the marathon runner, gets into a bath of iced water up to her neck after a race, so the pundits tell us. Apparently a lot of the top runners do. I think they use wheelie bins or trash bins for you folks over the water. They reckon it cures a lot of the strains and pulled muscles etc and takes down the swellings. I am not, however, suggesting that you do that Sheila it is just for information only.
Yoga seems to have helped my achilles,I don't have a problem with them now, touch wood etc.

Sheila or Graham said...

It used to be heat, now its cold fads comes to mind. Graham