Sunday 7 June 2009

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

enough is enough I can't go on, I can't go on. (as the song says) both of my little hens are so broody that they are attacking everything and anything, including me and Graham. So today we went to a local B&B/ farm and asked if she had any fertile eggs to swop for some of mine. She gave us 6 and asked if she could have the chicks when they hatch. But not if they are cockrels!!
Anyway the two birds are now firmly ensconced on three eggs each, shut up in the small hen house. Apparently you are supposed to shut them away for two days so they can bond with their eggs! I wonder if anything will happen? The woman at the farm has got dozens of hens all self hatched so it might work.
Other news is that my foot is still swollen and hurting. I wonder how long it will take to settle down?
Oh and I have ordered some eggs from a farm in Scotland. They are pedigree Black Somethings and they lay white eggs. Did you know that the colour of the egg depends on the colour of the feathers just below the ear of the hen? No neither did I!
curry for tea. That would have been sacrilage not too many years ago. Sunday was always a roast at lunchtime.
thats all for now Sheila x

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Sheila, you are a hive of information. Are you elevating your leg? Elevate and ice and the swelling will go down in two days. And when I get my Microcurrent machine, that will work as well.