Thursday 11 June 2009

Old time music hall

On Tuesday we went to another branch of the W.I and were entertained by an old time music hall. It was very good although slightly scary that I knew all the old songs!. However I am cosoling myself with the fact that I learned all the songs at my mothers knee and not because I was there at the time.
my chickens are still locked away and sitting resolutely on the eggs. we are still awaiting the delivery of the special eggs from Scotland. They are due to come this morning. Then we shall have some fun and games when the girls realise that their clutch has doubled in size. (it sounds rather rude that doesn't it?)
Later this morning we are due at the dentist. This is more scary then normal as we don't know these dentists apart from the fact that they are German and very shouty.Lets hope we get a gentle one!
On the broken foot front. I am still in a lot of discomfort but people seem to think it is par for the course after you have the pot off. At night, having been on my feet all day, my foot swells like a balloon. Yesterday I did the ice thing but it was so cold that I couldn't stand more then a few minutes.
We spoke at length to Micheal in Australia via Skype. It is decided that we will try to go to them in early January so that we can spend some time with Debbie before she goes back to work at the end of January. Then we can fly over to S&S in Brisbane and hopefully fly home from Brisbane. Sonia is all excited cos' she has already booked her flights to go to S&S in November.
Must go now to prepare for the dentist.
sheila x

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Sheila, you should be icing your foot more than once a day. If it's unbearable for longer than a few minutes put a tea towel in between so you can bear it for 15 minutes. Icing will make a huge difference. It will stop the pain, swelling and quicken the time to get back to normal. I am an expert having done this for weeks with my achilles surgery.