Tuesday 16 June 2009

The girls have turned away!

Re:- Yesterdays fruit. When I peeled it, a great white ball studded with little black seeds appeared. To be honest it didn't really taste of much, a bit like an insipid melon. I cut it into pieces and gave it to the hens. They looked at it and then walked away. Thats unknown with my girls. Given the chance, they will eat anything. Anyway I think it was called something like a
"rambutan"
Went to the W.I last night where we had a talk and films about Mablethorpe and surrounding areas. These two men are recording everyday occurances before they are lost and gone forever. They urged us to make a film about the W.I. . They will loan us all the equipment we need and will make us all a d.v.d of the finished product so that we have a record for posterity. I think it's a good idea. I have been argueing for something special to celebrate our W.I s 30th birthday this year. Most of the old guard are very reluctant to spend any money or do anything out of the ordinary. I have been quite cross at times as I want to do something special in January when we have our birthday party. I have just realised that I won't be here now that we have decided to go to Australia! Whoops! well that lets me off the hook .
My girls are still sitting resolutely on the nest and still attacking anyone who goes near. They come out for about ten minutes, have a mad run round,roll in the dust and then jump back in and daft bats that they are, go on a different nest. They then make a keffufel and then go back on their( own) eggs.

2 comments:

Mike Saif said...

Never mind a movie about the WI. What about a movie of your chickens. Putting a movie on Youtube or on the blog is just about as easy as uploading a photo.

G said...

I've had that fruit, it's horrible!