Sunday 14 June 2009

Hog Roast

As you will see from the previous blog (Click on it to get the full meatiness of it) we went to a hog roast last night and had a most enjoyable evening. Perhaps I should confess to over eating.I had roast pork ,Sausage. stuffing etc. Plus a whole variety of salads. I also had 3 deserts!! They were only smallish though! There was also a quiz which is always good for a laugh. The conversation took a strange turn when the couple opposite, who had rather a lot to drink, told us that some thirty years ago they had each left their partners and run away to France. They have just returned to live in the village and are wondering if they will be forgiven as she was the secretary of the W.I and he was due to be the speaker on the night they ran away! I said I thought I could safely say that the W.I. has forgiven them.!
I had a good talk to some young farmers about my chickens. It makes them laugh to hear how I mollycoddle my girls. One young lad delivers corn to a chicken farm where there are a million hens! Oh I can't bear to think about it.
My two ladies are still sitting stoically on their respective nests. Iwonder how long before we hear the patter of tiny feet.?
It's been a very pleasant day and we have been sitting outside a lot. We have to make hay while the sun shines. ( note the farming terminology, it comes from mixing with farmers!)
thats all for now. Sheila x

1 comment:

Sheila or Graham said...

Andrew ,the puddings were not small even I could only manage two,actually I was told not to eat any more after two,and then observed a certain person mowing down a third outside the marquee!!!
Graham