Thursday 28 February 2008

Mrs Broccoli nearly drowns!

A bitty day. A bit of shopping,a bit of baking and a bit of housework etc. Just before lunch we called on Mrs Broccoli. She's organised a charity fashion show for Monday so I have been roped in to help. We had to be regaled with tales of her swimming lessons during which she thought she was going to drown ( or drownded as she calls it!). Anyway I am the only one in the village that hasn't been for a spin in her car since she passed her test so she is coming for me on Saturday morning and taking me for coffee at the garden centre!!
Everyone still talking about the earthquake and what they were doing at the time. mrs broccoli's 83 year old neighbour was so scared, thinking that she had burglars or something,that she lay in bed too terrified even to move to turn over. Poor thing. We did laugh, although I don't suppose I would have been any different had I been alone!
It's Sonias birthday today. If we had been living in Sheffield I would probably have visited her but I have had to be content with singing happy birthday down the phone! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Don't forget it's leap year tomorrow if there is anyone you want to propose to
love Sheila xx

No comments: