Wednesday 27 February 2008

Did the earth move.?

Gina just rang me from the newsroom to yell excitedly down the phone "Earthquake!!" I was so relieved as I had thought that perhaps I was going a bit mad. At one o'clock this morning our bed actually lifted off the ground and swayed from top to bottom. I thought that someone was in the house and ran out to search all the rooms. Nothing! It was very scary and felt as though we had ghosts. This morning we have had many phone calls from different parts of the country as they have heard that the epicentre was at a village called Ludford which is about 12 miles west of us.
That serves me right for wishing I had a more exciting life in yesterdays blog.!
More later. Sheila xx

1 comment:

Mary Sue said...

Wish I could have seen a video of you scurrying around looking for a burglar. You were very close to the center, did you have any damage done?