Tuesday 19 February 2008

FOG!

It was hell last night. I was advised at the last minute that I would be the driver, picking people up to go to W.I. The fog was so thick that I couldn't see a hand before me and it took about 20 minutes to do a 5 minutes drive. Because of the weather the speaker was unable to come, so guess who ended up regaling the meeting with tales about her holiday in America? They particularly liked the one about Billy eating the meat loaf and the one about the Morman Jailhouse!
I don't know if the Walnuts for sleeplessness thing is working. I forgot to try it last night despite being awake until 2.30 am. I will give it another go tonight.
I am off to a safe driving for elders course now. Luckily someone else is driving although the fog has lifted somewhat.
I am trying to follow the "Liver cleansing diet" which I found in a book in Florida. It's a bit difficult to follow and not easy to find the ingredients in this neck of the woods but it has already brought my blood sugar right down and I appear to have lost 3 pounds since coming back from Florida. The weight loss wouldn't be hard after eating all that rubbish and large portions over there.
I have got to eat lunch at the safe driving course in a couple of hours so I hope it will be something a bit healthy!
More later. Love Sheila xxx

3 comments:

Mike Saif said...

Nice to hear that Billy is making the rounds at the WI. Maybe his story could make the national convention?

Doesn't seem a good idea to go to a safe driving course in bad fog. Safe driving would be staying at home.

Mary Sue said...

Sheila, did you include the part about Billy throwing up? Did you have a Q&A session after your speech?

G said...

ooh good luck with the diet!