Wednesday 20 February 2008

Arrive alive!

So, yesterday I went to an Arrive Alive lunch which was a seminar run by an ex policeman who is now a driving test examiner. It was very interesting although I didn't really learn much and was able to answer all the questions with ease. I won a large bottle of anti-freeze in the raffle.
The lunch was lovely. Soup.Cold meat salad, and a choice of desserts. I had apple crumble and custard! It is lovely to get together with other women from different villages and have a good old gossip. 8 of us went from our W.I and of course they were telling the other women about my adventures with Billy that they had heard the night before! Yes Marysue, I did tell them about Billy disgorging the meatloaf. Some of the women, used to being frugal, were quite upset at the thought of all that food being wasted and it took a while to convince them that it was funny!
Today when I came to empty the dishwasher we found that the water wasn't draining away so we have had to buy another one. more expence! We will never have any money at this rate. Oh well!
We are off to Sheffield tomorrow, to the dentist and to deliver some posters. We also need to pick up our new specs from the opticians. After that we will continue on to Gina in Preston, stay the night and then come home. It's all go!
love Sheila xx

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

You always seem to win things in the raffles. Apple pie and custard makes me jealous.