Thursday 2 April 2009

Sour crop.

I have been reading up on my poorly hen. Apparently she has a condition called Sour Crop which , if nothing is done about it, will eventually kill her. She keeps eating and drinking but as she is not digesting anything she is not getting any nourishment. So the only solution is surgery. Tomorrow my neighbour Ann and I will operate on her to remove the contents of her crop. She has to be isolated from the others so that they don't peck her stitches out etc ( although I might use super glue) and she has to starve for 24 hours. Then she can have some yoghurt and soft food etc.
If it doesn't work she will die anyway so it will ease my conscience knowing that I did what I could!
We seem to have solved the "laying away" problem but I will continue to keep an eye on proceedings.
About two months ago a policewoman drove at speed into my neighbours garden, demolishing a 50 year old hawthorne hedge and a fence.
She was told that she would hear from someone with regard to compensation etc. Well just as she was getting a bit impatient and was going to send them a letter, she recieved a letter this morning from the police authority to say that they would be taking no further action in the case and that if she wanted to bring a civil action she could but it was unlikely to succeed!!!
What a nerve. no apology no nothing and she's the innocent party in all of this!
Sheila x

4 comments:

sonia said...

She should send the letter to the local paper and the police authority, words fail me.
If you operate will it come back, is it a permenant condition?

Mary Sue said...

I agree with Sonia, she should send it to the local paper, or another popular regional paper.
Good luck with the surgery...you'll do a good job.

Mike Saif said...

I can't believe you are operating on a chicken. And I would do the same with the letter. I would send it to all the papers, radio stations and TV stations and then get it out locally to WI and other organizations. Actually, the first thing I would do is tell Chief Inspector that was my plan. I would also add that it is no wonder that the residents of Cleethorpes and surrounding areas are losing confidence in the police.

G said...

I have to agree mum. Except don't go to the papers, go to your local radio station instead! In all seriousness though, this is bread and butter stuff for local journalists, get the mablethorpe gazette or whatever it's called on the case.