Saturday 4 April 2009

Continuing hen saga

So first thing this morning I visited the patient who has overnighted in a box in the garage. I was pleased to see that she was quite chirpy and put a dish of water and a dish of yoghurt into the box. I also found the asprin that I gave her last night so she obviously hadn't taken it.
I went next door to feed the rest of the girls. When I turned around there was the patient eating some of their food. I had to chase her to put her back in the box as I don't want her to eat anything yet. A little while later, Graham called me to come to the garage. I must confess I expected the worst. However there was the hen roosting on the handle of the lawnmower, having knocked all the things off a shelf etc. She is now back in the box with a wire netting over the top. I must say that her spirit has given me hope that she will pull through.
Sheila x

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

It sounds from Grahams blog that you are operating on the chicken. Hope it goes well.