Monday 6 April 2009

4th day on the surgical ward

Today's bulletin is more of the same i'm afraid. I'm still very surprised that she has survived the surgery and is more chirpy than she has been for weeks. The wound is not looking too good as I don't have any antibiotics so I won't count my chickens before they are hatched. ( no pun intended) She has been sick again and it's bright green although she hasn't eaten anything of that colour. It's a bit like humans and carrots!
The neck collar was a stroke of genius on my part. She hates it but it has kept her away from the chest area whilst still allowing her to eat etc.
I am only feeding her mush so that it will go through the crop.
More later Sheila X

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

I keep thinking about this poor chicken. I hope she recovers.