Monday 20 April 2009

back in mablethorpe.

We had a lovely weekend in Preston with Gina and Andrew, looking for a new computer and shopping at Macro etc. Then we went for a walk down by the canal on Saturday tea time to look at the baby ducks, of which there were a great many. We hadn't yet decided which restaurant we were going to but thought we would meander home to get changed ready for the big night out. We were only two streets away from the house when I went over stepping off the curb. It hurt like hell and when it started to swell it was decided that I ought to go to A&E. In an just over an hour I had been X- Rayed and had an up to the knee pot put on my right foot. I was given crutches to walk with. I have never used crutches before and was totally useless on them. To make matters worse I needed to go upstairs after a while. That was easier said then done! In the end we all went upstairs and lay on Gina's bed to watch "Britains got talent".And we never got to go to a restaurant.! We had horrible fish and chips instead!
It wasn't until 3.30 in the morning that I really needed to go! Thats when I fell off the crutches and broke a toe on my other foot! Now I was expected to put all my weight on a broken toe. How I got out of Gina's house and into the car I will never know but I was glad to be coming home. They were also glad to see the back of me judging by their faces as they waved us off!
Thats not the worst part though. I bought the nicest pair of high heel shoes about two hours before all this happened. When am I ever going to get to wear them?
After arriving home my neighbour took Graham to her friends house, They had a brand new wheelchair that I could have.
This morning I went to the G.P. about my bloodpressure. He wanted to prescribe diuretics and couldn't understand why I refused. I had to explain to him that I couldn't stand up, let alone keep rushing to the toilet to pee!
Then it was two hours at A&E in Louth where they X-Rayed my left foot and pronounced it broken. I was given a zimmer frame to walk with as the crutches were deemed too dangerous! I never thought that I would be on a zimmer frame at the age of 63!
Anyway I keep having a little weep and feeling sorry for myself but I expect things will improve as time ( 6 weeks ) goes by.
Sheila xx

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Sheila, I do feel sorry for you but I must admit at laughing out loud when reading this. You poor thing.