Saturday 2 January 2010

At last!

Well my e.mail server won't let me send e.mails, although we are still recieving them so I will have to write a blog to tell people of my travails (travels). As you will know we have spent xmas at Gina's. This was the usual thing where we alternated between her being fed up with me and me being fed up with her and both of us wishing we were in Florida! However I am lucky to have a
daughter and (putative) son inlaw like them. So thanks for having us.
Now this is where the travails part starts.For those of a nervous disposition, Look away now!
I was perfectly O.K when I boarded the plane for the first leg, Manchester to Dubai, The plane was very crowded but I thought I could put up with it.I ate prawns and salmon and a lovely lamb curry and rice. then I started to throw up. If you have ever tried to vomit discretely on a crowded plane ? Well!!!
I was still feeling absolutely terrible when we boarded the next plane for the Dubai to Singapore leg. I was vomiting so much that the staff decided that they may have to divert the aircraft if they couldn't get me stabilised. To this end graham and I were moved to a first class cabin and Singapore hospital contacted by phone. Soon I was hooked up to drip, a blood pressure monitor, heart monitor and open blue tooth line to the doctor in Singapore.
It was such a shame, first class, (£7.000) and I wasn't able to enjoy it!
At this point they began telling me that unless I began to improve I would not be allowed to travel on the next leg of my journey and would probably be taken to an isolation hospital in Singapore.As you will imagine, I just wanted to die there and then.
However things began to improve, thanks to the medication I was being given and so I was able to sleep on the lovely comfortable bed.
On arrival at Singapore I was told that I had to see a doctor to be given permission to fly. He at first refused as I had a very high temperature, but after much pleading on my part he gave me an injection, some tablets and a letter saying I was fit to fly. It wasn't cheap I can tell you.
But at last we were on the final leg ,Singapore to Brisbane, This time the plane was almost empty so we were able to stretch out across 3 seats and sleep for a lot of the journey. I was still feeling weak and ill but it was so wonderful to see my nephew Sam waiting for us that I didn't care, and it is sooooo Hot!
Everything is lovely and we are having the life of riley etc. More later about australia.
in the meantime if anyone reads this blog they can e.mail me, although I can't reply. (yes John that means you, I hope you are ok)
Also any news of my chickens would be welcome,
Must go to sleep now. It's the middle of the night,
Love Sheila x

No comments: