Saturday 19 December 2009

W.I Dinner

Last night was our W.I dinner which was at the Windmill Restaurant at Burley Marsh. this is about halfway between Mablethorpe and Skegness. As there were 20 women going it was decided to let 5 husbands drive us all there. Well it was not too bad going, although the roads were very icy. By the time we were ready to come home (Some of us more drunk then others!) it was a blizzard! It took hours to get home although Graham was excellent and we all felt very safe with his driving. On the way home after dropping most of the women off we were passed by two ambulances, a fire tender and two police cars. Graham commented that there must have been an accident somewhere. This morning we discovered that it was the president of the W.I and her husband and one of the elderly ladies. They had overturned completely into a dyke and had to be got out of the car by the fire brigade. luckily I don't think anyone was too badly hurt.
The dinner was one of the best I have had in a restaurant. I had Pate mousse, followed by Seabass and Prawns and then for dessert I had belgian Waffles with Bananas, icecream and toffee sauce.
Because we were not going to see anyone now until March they were all wanting to hug and kiss Graham. For forms sake he had to pretend not to like it !!

On a more serious note, My brother in law is not very well in hospital. He has been tested for swine flu and menengitis but they think he has a bad pnuemonia. he has been moved to an isolation unit and is quite ill. he is drifting in and out of delirium and sometimes doesn't recognise my sister and their kids. His high temperature has affected his heart. he has also been fighting with the nurses so one of his sons is staying with him at all times. lets hope he soon recovers.

sheila x

2 comments:

Sheila or Graham said...

I was attacked by three drunken old women and mauled,would have preferred more youthfull attackers.Graham

Mike Saif said...

I wonder what those three women thought when they woke up sober in the morning?