Sunday 29 March 2009

Line dancing

well last night was the long awaited line dance supper. We had started to panic that we hadn't sold many tickets but last night there were almost too many turned up. We gave them Cornish pasties .chips and peas. Guess what my hens are dining on for the next few days?
Aren't these line dancers serious about the whole thing? We could hardly get them to stop dancing to eat and their faces are a picture of concentration. Still it's all good news. We made a tidy profit which is to be shared equally between the W.I and my charity smile train.
It was about 2 o.clock before we got to bed because of putting the clocks forward by one hour.I can't get into it yet!
Sheila x

5 comments:

The Saif's Journal said...

Shiela, I know what you mean about the line dancers. Michael was fascinated with them. The experienced line dancers were so serious and did not mix with learners! There was one group of ladies who danced and when they had finished dancing they used paper fans to cool themselves down.

Mike Saif said...

I met MS on an evening where there was some line dancing.

Mary Sue said...

Congrats on a really good turn out.
I tried line dancing one...it was the night I met Mike. He tried it also for one dance with me, and he was so bad. Between his dancing, and his idiot jokes, there had to be a higher power somehow that got us together.

sonia said...

Wish we could have been there. You always panic and it always turns out to be a good night.Do another one soon so we can come and I can get Michael up and dancing???
It is a good workout and enjoyable with it.

Sheila or Graham said...

I thought they looked like barmpots,though I did join in for a while just to show willing.Graham