Thursday 5 March 2009

Committee dinner

Went to the Wagon and Horses at South Reston for our committee Christmas dinner,( yes I know it's a bit late for christmas but it was the only time we could all make it) It was a really nice meal and we were able to relax a bit. The one amongst us who is a church warden was the one telling all the risque jokes!
Yesterday I went with my neighbour and another woman to see Slumdog Millionaire. Our local cinema has a deal every day at 2 pm where you get in cheap and get a free drink! Anyway two days later and I am still trying to decide what I think of the film! I can understand why it won all the oscars but it was all a bit overwhelming.
Sheila goose has just been for morning coffee. Her husband Bob has done away with all the traditional geese they used to have and has replaced them with Toulouse geese which are french and very expensive. he can sell the eggs to the French for a lot of money.
My poorly hen is still looking bad. Sheila goose suggests giving it a laxative! I'm not sure.
must go. I am making curry and rice with lentil soup and bis bas.
more later. Safe journey M& MS.
sheila xx

No comments: