Wednesday 6 August 2008

lovely birthday

Saturday's judging was different to say the least. It started off very pleasantly with small mouthfulls of lovely cake but it soon became tedious and after about 50 cakes I was feeling positively Queesy! When I had finished judging I was invited to partake of lunch!! needless to say the lure of roast Beef was easy to resist. I was asked if I would do it again next year and I said yes without thinking.!!
Well we have been in Lancashire at Gina's for my birthday and we have had a good time. I thought after Saturday I could never eat another cake but it's like giving birth, you soon forget the pain! We bought a birthday cake that was for 16 portions ( there were only 4 of us!) and I assure you that I ate my share.
My chickens rushed to me when we came home. I think they missed me although they have been very well cared for by our kind neighbours.
I am pleased to see that S&S are back blogging. I've missed them.
Good to hear that Sophie and Billy are back home ok.
Sheila x

2 comments:

Mike Saif said...

That sounds like a job I would like, judging cakes. I am a connoisseur at that.

Mary Sue said...

Happy Birthday Sheila (only a tiny bit late). I'm glad to hear you had a great day.
Did the cake judging have one winner (can you share the recipe?), or did they just get a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon? Back when I was about 8 and in the 4-H Club (Home, Heart, Health, ?), my two sisters and I entered chocolate cookies in the baking event. Our entries were from one batch. Cindy got a purple (1st), I got 2nd and Debbie got 3rd. Go figure. They're the cookies I still bake to this day.