Tuesday 29 July 2008

all this sun

We have spent the last two days on the beach. Our friends rent a beach hut at Sutton on Sea so that they can spend time with their four grandsons. By heck it's hard work!! They never stop eating and drinking and playing rounders and digging to Australia etc. It's been very enjoyable.
Tomorrow we will have a day off. I am going to the hairdressers at 10am.
My chickens are not all laying again but we are still managing to sell a couple of dozen a week so they are still earning their keep.
One has laid an enormous egg this morning. I don't think I have ever seen one so big. I shall have it for breakfast tomorrow.
On Saturday I am judging the cakes and produce at the 87th Alford Horticulture Show. I am a bit nervous about getting it right as there is a lot riding on it for some of the entrants!
Love Sheila xx

3 comments:

Mary Sue said...

Oh Sheila, you are perfect for judging cakes. I must say, I'd be nervous having you judge any cake I baked. I'd be baking it twice before I submitted it in!

Mike Saif said...

That poor hen?

sonia said...

I wonder if it was the poorly hen who was building up to the large birth??
You will be fine as a judge, let us hope that one stands out from the rest to make it an easy decision. Be your regal best. You could become 'the judge' of the cake world and be feared amongst the bakers and local farmers wives.