Thursday 21 August 2008

jam today

I have been very busy making jam. First was 12 jars of Bramble Jelly made from Annes blackberries. God what a job picking them! Why is it that nettles always grow near Blackberries? When I bent over to pick up the carton I was nettled on my bum! Ouch!
Next we went to the other neighbours and collected loads of Crab apples from which I have made 12 jars of Crab Apple Jelly. Then it was Runner Beans. I have just bought a W.I book of preserves so had a go at Runner Bean Pickle. It's lovely and goes well on a sandwich with cheese etc. I think thats it for a while (unless someone else gives me something!)
Jean and Norman are coming on Saturday and then on Tuesday we are having a litter pick in the village. Thats all thats happening for now.
Love Sheila x

No comments: