Friday 8 August 2008

stormy weather

Last night there was a tremendous storm with torrential rain that went on all night. It was still chucking it down when I let the girls out but now the sun has just come out. Graham says that this mornings weather will have boosted holiday sales as this is when you long for some sun.
Graham bought me some "Parched Peas" for my birthday. These are a Lancashire delicacy, In fact most famous in Preston along with "butter pies." The trouble is they take 36 hours to cook. I am halfway through the process now and I hope to have some ready for tomorrows coffee morning when I shall attempt to sell them by the jar.I hope they will turn out as good as the ones they sell by the cup in Preston Market.
Otherwise life is pretty boring.
we have opened a gate into the field next door and have let the girls go through into it now that the Barley has been harvested. They refuse to come back when called as the field is like an adventure playground. The only thing that gets them is sweetcorn so when I really want them to come in then I show them the box and the run in like maniacs.
Yesterday one of the girls looked a bit peaky so I decided to lock her in the shed. After an hour I relented and went to let her out. She had laid an egg without a shell. It was really weird! I'm glad I found it though as I don't want the others to get a taste for eggs!
Love Sheila x

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Sounds like you have the girls trained Sheila.