Thursday 28 July 2011

New tablets.

I don't remember telling you about my new medication for diabetese. I saw a new nurse who asked me if I would like to try a new drug because my blood sugar was constantly high and nothing seemed to shift it despite increasing the amount of Insulin that I was injecting. Because of the high amount of Insulin I was also getting fatter and fatter. Well the new drug worked almost instantly and my sugar levels have now become alarmingly low and I have decreased my Insulin intake by a third. Wonderful!! Except that ...................I have put on 8 pounds almost overnight. The nurse forgot to tell me that this is one of the side effects. Now I am struggling to decide what to do. On the one hand it's good that my sugar is down but on the other ............how much fatter will I get.?
Yesterday we went to meet Grahams cousin Aileen who we haven't seen for 40 years. It was lovely to see her again and to meet some of her family. They are staying in a holiday park nearby so I think we will see them again before they go home. Talk about memories!

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Can the Dr tell you what is more unhealthy? The extra weight or higher blood sugar?