Friday 6 May 2011

lemons

Never one to resist a bargain I bought a sack of lemons for 75 p. I also bought a sack of baby sweetcorns for the chickens but they have refused to eat it, (thats another story) Anyway. the Lemons. There is only so much lemon you can put in your Gin or martini, so last night I decided that I would make some marmalade. Cutting up 6lbs lemons (half the sack) is no easy task. I then left them cooking all night in the slow cooker and this morning I made 13 jars of Caribbean marmalade. It's the addition of a bit of rum that makes it Caribbean! Now all I have to do is find something to do with the baby corn. A pickle perhaps?
We have just been to the garden centre and bought some bedding plants for the new planters I have bought. As we were coming out, there was a stall of books. I asked the girl on the checkout how much they were. Oh they are free, she said. Take as many as you like. so I did and have brought home an armful. I told you I couldn't resist a bargain.

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Lemons in marmalade...can't beat it. I remember silver shred from Robertsons. Can't find it here.