Thursday 5 August 2010

happy birthday to me1

well today I am 65. when I was young it never occurred to me that I would one day be old! I don't know how I feel about being 65. it's a milestone in a persons life. I have been celebrating for a week now but I think it will be all over after tonight. Graham has booked a table at a very posh restaurant ( for posh read very expensive). it's a tasting menu. there is no choice. You just have what the chef gives you. I can't remember if it is 5 or 7 courses!
Gina and Andrew were here for a week which was lovely, Susan and Trevor came for the day yesterday and we walked on the beach. Me and Trevor love whelks, much to everyones disgust but we had a big dish full each.
On saturday we all went to the beach to see Patrick Mower switch on the illuminations. ( he's Rodney in Emmerdale)
I have been having visitors all day long. my neighbours came with a bottle of wine. and I have got dozens of cards. many of my friends have given me money for my charity "Smile train"
all in all, so far it's been a nice birthday.

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

No money from me but happy birthday Sheila.