Friday 6 August 2010

Hangover!!



This is the lovely restaurant that Graham took me too last night. we had the taster menu which was
Twice baked goats cheese tarts and salad leaves with Balsamic vinegar reduction
Butternut squash soup with red anadammer ( don't ask. I don't know either)
Grilled haslet with cheese souffle topping and red onion and tomato sauce. ( that was the best thing yummy)
Slow roasted lamb on a bed of mashed potatoes and carrots.
blackcurrant Sorbet
Waffle with strawberries and Raspberries in a pond of cream anglaise and a compote of raspberries.

unfortunately for Graham he was driving so it fell to me to drink! After two Martinis and a glass of cider we came home where we proceeded to drink some of the Metaxa brandy that Gina brought back from crete. Hence this morning I had to take two Paracetemols
for a headache!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sheila or Graham said...

It should be noted that I am looking very cheerfull,even though it was an expensive restaurant,and I even forgot to leave my wallet at home.Graham

sonia said...

Sounds like a Masterchef Menu. Glad you enjoyed it, where was it, it looks a nice place?

The Saif's Journal said...

Bloody Hell Graham did you brush the cob webs off your wallet!!!

Happy belated birthday Sheila xxx the menu looks lovely.

Sheila or Graham said...

The restaurant was called Serendipity and it was in the Priory hotel at Louth.You can eat there by appointment only so we were lucky to get in when we did.I could do a restaurant like that when you know how many you are feeding and you choose what to cook!

Mike Saif said...

I don't believe Graham paid.