Saturday 24 October 2009

Whoops!

Sorry folks. I posted the previous message on the wrong blog.
Yesterday I went to a Lincolnshire womens lunch (Ladies who lunch!!) at the Windmill restaurant at Borough Le marsh. this is supposed to be the best restaurant around these parts and has won restaurant of the year for several years running. Anyway the other ladies assured me that it wasn't a dressing up occasion. It's a good job I didn't believe them. I have never seen so many designer labels under one roof. Imagine 150 "ladies" all trying to nonchalently guess where someones outfit came from and how much it cost!
The food was good. I had Butternut squash soup, Mushroom strganoff with wild rice and raspberry Pavlova. My neighbour bought me some raffle tickets and let me choose the strip of tickets. She won on the tickets I rejected! she won a lovely truckle of cheese and a bottle of wine.
The after dinner speaker was a female Chief Superintendant police officer. She was very funny and obviously good at her job. Her avowed intention is to be the first woman chief constable.
My friend, who has been itching to death for several weeks, was told that she had a problem with her kidneys. on Tuesday she had a scan and the consultant told her that all her symptoms were caused by a build up in her liver and kidneys of the tablets she is taking. Guess what? STATINS!! These tablets are evil and I think it would be better to die of cholestral then die from the side effects of these drugs that are being pushed by doctors for financial gain! Rant over.
love Sheila x

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

I stopped taking Statins...they were killing me...my body ached and I was losing my memory. I have my cholesterol under control with Red Rice Yeast. Google it.