Thursday 29 October 2009

Not a lot

Well not a lot to report. We have finalised our flights to Aus. and the internal ones so that's one thing less to worry about. The apartment in Perth has been booked and it looks pretty swish so that should be alright. I don't know if Sonia passing on her panic to me but suddenly there seems to be a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. She of course will be gone in a few days time. Anyway I shall have to make a list and tick things off as I do them.
It has been upsetting of course to hear about Tammy's baby.We feel very sorry and all our thoughts are in Chicago. I hope by now that there is some good news.
Today is the third time I have tried to make Australian Marmalade. On the first two occasions the marmalade set like rock and I was unable to even cut it with a knife. Today I was determined to do it right but then this lot wouldn't set so I have had to reboil it. Such a faff for so little reward!
The village is very quiet, not a lot happening except the Halloween Ball on Saturday. We have decided not to go this year as last year We couldn't get the fake blood off our faces for days!
more later sheila xx

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring!