Tuesday 20 October 2009

pipers crisps

Good W.I meeting last night. A man who makes crisps using only local products from around the country. He refuses to allow any supermarkets to sell his crisps and so depends on word of mouth. He sells to local deli's, schools, universities, football clubs etc . He was a very funny speaker and then he gave (25 of us) 500 bags of crisps. I haven't had a crisp for about 5 months so I had to try one. I found that I didn't really like them! The flavours are unusual . Angelsey (wales) sea salt.
Salt and black pepper(india) Bloody Mary (Cumbria) Cheese and onion (Cheddar) Cyder Vinegar (Somerset) etc etc. anyway Andrew will eat them. He has them at university.
love Sheila x

6 comments:

Mike Saif said...

Not a big fan of crisps either Sheila. But I'm surprised Graham would let anything out of the house that was free.

sonia said...

My idea of heaven would be a ham salad sandwich from lillys with a bag of crisps and a hot cup of tea. Oh! and followed by a lillys custard vanilla. Get a grip Sonia it isn't going to happen?
Why didn't you like them? was it them or just crisps in general?

Sheila or Graham said...

I don't like crisps or chips I can't abide fish and chips either,so no problem about giving them away,and they will get an appreciative consumer with Andrew.Graham

Sheila or Graham said...

I find that I Can't be bothered with the guilt after eating them. they just don't seem worth it. However.....a caramel whisper!!!
sheila x

Mary Sue said...

Sonia, I'm with you, however, make it a tuna or chix salad sandwich. I can eat crisps with any sandwich actually. I'd even take a guinness with it instead of a hot cup of tea. I'd rather have crisps than chocolate.

sonia said...

I haven't had crisps since Australia but then I haven't had a sandwich, bread is off limits 99.9% of the time.
My biggest crave is curry and I have to have one every week. It makes up for everything else I miss.