Monday 24 November 2008

We are a grandmother!

One of my babies has laid the smallest egg you have ever seen. We don't know if its Gert or Daisy but we are very pleased!
I am recovering after the wedding of the century, we enjoyed it very much and Gina said "Momma" would have been very proud of me dancing the night away. Graham of course refused to have anything to do with it!
Gina looked stunning as chief bridesmaid and both of us cried when she walked down the aisle. I asked both Gina and Andrew when we were going to get a wedding but they were both non committal and Andrew said he didn't see the necessity as they were o.k as they were!
The snow has all gone but it is bitingly cold. I managed to convince Graham that he ought to clean the chickens out as I had "Hot aches "in my hands and bless him he did as well!
I have just made apple pies for tea. We have so many apples this year that I am at a loss as to what to do with them all. I feel some more jam making coming on!
love Sheila xx

2 comments:

Sheila or Graham said...

The reason for my tears was ,I was thinking how much it would all cost ,but luckily Andrew came to the rescue.Graham

Mary Sue said...

I would say this to my daughter, get married, don't spend money on a big wedding, just elope, put wedding money on a house, and spend only a little on a reception, so the rest of us can dance. As it turned out, Tammy spent a lot of money on their wedding, we could only contribute a certain amount because Mike refused to go into debt and we were putting every dime we had into our business. It took them quite some time to pay the wedding off. Wonder how many extravagant weddings will be held in this economy? Tammy has two daughters, wonder if they are saving for college or weddings? Both can cost the same.

My friend's daughter got married and it cost the parents 40K. Six months later, their daughter got a divorce. Might as well take a match to 40K!! To further the pain, her parents helped also with the down payment on a house, which the parents then bought from the couple during their divorce to give to their daughter and then it had to be sold cause the daughter needed to move close to her new job and the parents again lost thousands.