Friday 7 November 2008

Vegetarian?

November 6, 2008

A poem from my sister
A DILEMMA
I could not kill a chickenWith feathers, blood and stuff,‘Cause I would just remember,Those balls of yellow fluff.

I could not kill a rabbit,I know they are a pest,We had a white one and a grey one. I loved the grey one best.

I simply could not kill a pigAnd listen to it wail,It used to be so soft and pinkWith tiny curly tail.

I’d never ever kill a sheep;I once knew one called Jock;He was so small and sickly,He never joined the flock.

Well, I could never kill a calf,Those eyes and velvet nose.It surely takes a monsterTo murder one of those.

Don’t think it’s right to kill a deer.So beautiful and strong.They should be left to run the hillsAnd glens where they belong.

But now I’ve got a problem,I don’t know what to do.I love my steak and onionsAnd crave a good lamb stew.

Roast chicken is deliciousRoast pork is my desire.So there is nothing for itBut to shut my eyes and FIRE!!!!!!

No comments: