Saturday 15 November 2008

out and about

Well it's just a week since I took to my bed with the dreaded lurge. However I am feeling much better today and yesterday I actually went to the shops. I haven't been out today but we have had visitors so have been kept entertained. I have been experimenting with Irish Soda Farls, and very nice they are too.They will go well with the Apple and Raspberry jam I made last week.
I am currently craving red cabbage done the Lancashire way i.e. boiled with cooking apple and vinegar. Hmm, delicious! So we will be having that for tea with the stuffed belly pork.
We have been trying to decide about going on holiday this winter. We had already decided that we were a bit bored with Florida (I never thought I, a lass from Parson Cross ,would ever say that!) but then the owner of last years bungelows contacted us to say that as he wasn't getting any bookings due to the economy in U.S.A and he would gladly do us a good deal if we were to consider coming there.
So now we are undecided again. Our lovely neighbours have said they will look after the chickens for us but to be honest we can't be bothered!
The dark nights are here, the girls go to bed at 4.10pm now. It used to be 9.30pm when we first got them in May.
Not much else to report.
sheila x

2 comments:

Mike Saif said...

Sounds like a trip to Kansas and Florida is on the cards. Either that or suffer a full English winter!

Mary Sue said...

Sheila, you can come here and hop on the Amtrak and take it to New Mexico or Las Vegas I think. Go to the Amtrak website and check out the "Southwest Chief" schedule. You could come here for a couple of weeks then take the Amtrak tot he Southeast for a couple of weeks. Anyway, give it some thought. I'd so love to have you come. It would be quiet and lonely without you. Bring Sonia & Michael with you.