Thursday 27 November 2008

Secret weddings.

The Kansas branch of our family seem to be advising my daughter to elope. I should be heartbroken. Two of my sisters have done this to me and I have never quite forgiven them. Weddings should be joyous occasions, shared with family and friends. ok a bit of money may have to be spent but so what? You can't take it with you. ( although Graham will probably give it a good try!)
Tomorrow we go to Sheffield for a sisters. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone all together. I miss not having regular meetings but hey! It's much nicer when we do get together.
I understand we are having meat and potato pie from Lillies. Goodo !
If possible I want to do a bit of shopping as there is nothing here out in the wilds and Christmas is fast approaching! Next week a gang of villagers are going on the dreaded number 10 bus to Lincoln for the famous Lincoln christmas market. It should be a laugh! We have a busy week after our return from Sheffield , of which more later.
Sheila xx

3 comments:

Mary Sue said...

Well, I think it's entirely the couple's choice, but eloping is merely an option more couples here are doing and I think it's good for those who want that option. I also think that weddings can be fabulous without going into debt, my niece's wedding cost less than 4K, and it was great.

Don't be heartbroken Sheila, and I hope that when the joyous occasion happens, Mike and I are able to be there. I've never been to an English wedding.

Mike Saif said...

It cost us about $100 to get married. Anyone was welcome though. Just didn't see the need to spend a fortune. I got that part from Graham.

Sheila or Graham said...

$100 !!! THAT SEEMS A BIT EXORBITANT,Graham