Friday 4 July 2008

AH !!!

Yesterday "Bob the goose" took us to Brigg farmers market/auction. We had to leave at 7.30am and we didn't get home until after 4pm. It was very good. I wanted to bid for some fancy chickens and of course Graham panicked about whether I would get carried away at the bidding. It all worked out well though. I was standing next to this man who bought a box full of lovely six week olds. "do you want all of those?" I asked him. "Why?" he replied. "Well I only want two!" "oh well" he said " you can have two of these, choose the ones you want and give me £2" So I took a lovely black one with a white head and a white one with a yellow head. I have no idea if they are hens or cocks and no idea what breed they are but they are sooooo cute!
Graham got some bargains at the wood sale which he will probably tell you about and Bob the goose bought all sorts of wire and stuff for his goose farm. There was a meat auction but I hadn't come prepared with a cold box so I didn't bid. I did bid on a carrier bag of Bananas for 50p and several ears of corn on the cob for my girls.
we came though torrential rain on the way home and I was worried about my babies on the back of Bobs flatbed truck but luckily everyone was ok. However my girls have not taken kindly to the babies and have pecked them terribly, especially the white one who is a little frailer then the black one. We have had to segregate them and we had to put the babies in a box to sleep last night. They are fine this morning in their own little pen and are eating heartily and cheeping like mad.
My girls are now giving us 5 eggs a day but we can't tell which one is not laying.

my friend Mrs le Blade has been chosen along with another W.I member to appear on a Trinnie and Susanna. They are to be picked up and taken to Surrey for the filming. It's all very exciting!!

good to see the videos from Montana, They do seem to have two soundtracks. Is there something wrong with the camera?
Sheila x

2 comments:

Mary Sue said...

Sheila, is the second soundtrack you hear my voice? Mike says I'm always chiming in when he's filming and talking.

Mike Saif said...

I remember our more dominant chickens pecking and picking on the weaker ones. You will have to be careful with the new ones.