Thursday 17 July 2008

Rainy day,

I haven't felt much like blogging since I set the kitchen on fire on Saturday. However it didn't turn out too bad in the end but I really must be more careful in future. I blame the chickens of course! I was cooking something for them when I was sidetracked into discussing where to put the new hen house, which is splendid by the way,and of course the whole house was full of evil black smoke and the pan ? Well let's just say that flames were leaping!
This morning there was a disturbance amongst the chickens with chasings and mobbing etc. When I went out to investigate I found that the chicken we call Tina had a huge frog in her beak and the others were trying to take it off her. I eventually removed it and threw it into the dyke but it was very badly pecked and wouldn't live.Oh well that's nature, red in tooth and claw, and now beak!
Yesterday we went to Coningsby with the W.I to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. It was wonderful. We had requested a guide who we had met before. He's 85 years old and so funny he makes the war come alive again. We saw Dacotas,Spitfires, Hurricanes and best of all the Lancaster Bomber. The only one in the world still flying! the whole day out was wonderful. We later went for a meal in a famous restaurant. It's in a forest and you would never find it. The food wasn't gourmet exactly, just basic things but quite expensive, but we enjoyed the company etc.
Tomorrow is Grahams birthday so we will be going out for another meal with friends and Sonia if she comes.
Must go because I have got a whiskey Mac cake in the oven and we don't want another calamity.
Love Sheila xx

1 comment:

Mary Sue said...

Sheila, I know what you mean about getting sidetracked. It's easy to forget what we were doing two minutes ago. Do you have insurance??