Wednesday 1 June 2011

to Sheffield

We went to Sheffield again yesterday, our third time in so many weeks, and always it seems we are visiting for the wrong reason. This time we went to visit my younger sister Pat who is in hospital having just been told that she is terminally ill with Ovarian Cancer. my mother died of the same thing ten years ago. Pat looked so ill and frail that I hardly recognised her. I am amazed at how calm she is and how accepting of her fate. She told me that she is ready to go now and how she longed to be with our mother..I am absolutely devastated, as are we all, but she is adamant that she wants no weeping and wailing. I don't think I can promise her that. Poor Val and Lisa are in a terrible state and I feel powerless to help them.
I am not in the mood for blogging. More later.
Sheila x

No comments: