Sunday 14 November 2010

ALL GONE!

So it's Sunday morning and the meter reader Malcolm and his wife Chris have been and taken all my birds. I think they will be very happy in their new home. Malcolm and Chris are the sort of people who take in waifs and strays and so it is that my chickens (and Ed the duck) will be sharing a home with a ? emily ? the pig whom they rescued from being made into sausages last week.
they also have horses, ducks, geese, dogs and other assorted animals.
As soon as they had gone I cleaned out all the sheds and Graham cleaned up the garden. cut down some tree branches and laid some turfs on the bare patches. it looks quite tidy. I am looking forward to staying in bed in the morning without feeling guilty and without having to get up to let the chickens out.
The only downside is that I won't have any eggs!
Just made several jars of mint jelly from the Spearmint that is running wild outside the kitchen door despite the fact that Graham dug it all out about a month ago.

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

Well that will be a big change for you Sheila.