Thursday 10 September 2009

Hard day

I've had a bad day today. This morning a two hour appointment with the diabetic team. much questioning about what I am eating and when etc. However they were pleased that I have lost over a stone since April.
This afternoon I went to the dentist to have a stump removed. It took three injections and much cutting and poking before it could be removed with a sort of digging tool. I was trembling when I came out and that was not helped by the fact that I had to pay them £45.00 for the privilege. It's now 7pm and the injections are just beginning to wear off.
Tomorrow our friend Enzo is coming to stay for a few days. This will give us a good chance to practice our Italian. I don't know how we are going to entertain him. The village coffee morning will probably thrill him? Not!!
more later Sheila x

5 comments:

Mike Saif said...

Would it make you feel better if I told you that you would have to pay about $250 for the same dental privilege here? Good job on losing the weight Sheila. You and my Mum kept it quiet that you were losing weight!!

Sheila or Graham said...

I told her to ask for more when the price was mentioned,not realising she had to pay them,but she is being brave and not "rooarin" as befits a parson cross lass.Graham

Mary Sue said...

Sheila, I get emails weekly from health website featuring a very prominent heart surgeon (Dr Oz) who is all about prevention. Anyway, here is a link to what I received today.

http://www.realage.com/ct/eat-smart/food-and-nutrition/tip/9320

Makes sense. I love my morning cup of coffee which I drink with sugar and cream. I also make a cup of green tea and alternate sips between the two. The green tea is soothing, and seems to cut through the heaviness of the c&s.

sonia said...

A round of applause for your weight loss Sheila. It doesn't come easy I know but keep up the good work. We should both be svelte and slim by the time we reach Aus?????

Sheila or Graham said...

I will never be svelte and slim but since the change in my insulin regime I do feel much better