Monday 3 August 2009

Treat!

On Friday Gina and Andrew came. I always am on tenterhooks until they get here as I know the traffic is horrendous between our two houses. my heart always soars when their car pulls into the drive.
On Saturday morning I was cake judging. I learned a lesson from last year and didn't swallow most of what I tasted and just as last year I judged a bakewell tart to be best in show! I didn't stay for the slap up meal afterwards because Gina and Andrew were here. when I got back home we had lunch and then went to the beach for the afternoon. They wanted to hire a Swan pedalo on the boating lake but Graham refused saying that if you fell overboard you would get Cholera!
Graham suggested thet he take us all out for dinner so we went to the Black Horse at Ludford. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I tasted my Rabbit in Cider and Honey. I shall dream of it for a long time.Andrews vegetarian option was so georgeous ( beetroot and blue cheese risotto) That he almost didn't get any after everyone else had tasted it.Gina and Graham had Rib eye steaks but both raved about the herbed tomatoes. We also had a Quantity of chips cooked in Duck fat. They were probably the finest chips we have ever tasted but poor old Andrew couldn't have any because of the duck.
On Sunday after a leisurely breakfast, we went to Igoldmells funfair and market, where, I'm ashamed to say that I ate a tub of cockles, a hot doughnut and a Dime bar milkshake. Both Graham and I are too terrified to go on any rides so Andrew pursuaded Gina to accompany him on a rollercoaster. She screamed all the way around, much to the amusement of a small child sitting in front of her!. I must say that some of the rides look terribly dangerous to me and resemble instroments of torture.
Once back home we had lunch, wishing it was at the black horse, and then they departed for LANCASHIRE, (POOR THINGS)
All my remaining chickens seem to be o.k at the moment.
sheila x

1 comment:

AnnaR said...

So pleased that you enjoyed your meal,

Anna
The Black Horse