Monday 24 August 2009

It's been ages

I don't seem to have been doing much, hence no blogging. Still not doing much just the usual round of shopping(food) cooking and cleaning. Last Friday was good when Sonia and Michael came. It's always good to have family visiting. This Friday it will be Lisa, Jamie and the kids. I have got to think of a menu that will suit the boys. They don't like fish apparently! They do like chicken but ?????????????? could I stand it? Gina and Andrew have gone to The Isle of Skye today. Just in time to catch the tail end of Hurricane Billy!
on Saturday we picked some lovely Apricots from my friends tree and I have made jam with them. We also picked a lot of blackberries which I turned into bramble jelly. Our neighbours have reminded me that the crab apples are almost ready so that will be some more jam to make. then it will be my own apples and my friends Pears. Is there no end to natures bounty?
The girls seem to have stopped laying or at least are laying very spasmodically at the moment. Never mind, they will soon be going on their holidays!
more later. sheila x

3 comments:

sonia said...

You should have a stall on the market selling your jam or would it not meet some EU stupid rule??
I wonder if the girls will recognise you on your return ?

Mike Saif said...

Where is the Isle of Skye? Is off Scotland?

Sheila or Graham said...

West Coast of Scotland up near the top,I understand it is a very wet climate.G