Tuesday 10 February 2009

diabetes.

Yesterday I was visited by a researcher who is working for the council who in turn are researching for the world health authority. I must say it was very interesting to talk about food and the role it plays in the scheme of things. One of the things, which may interest my nephew in the U.S, was that their researchers have found that the more people are told what to eat and not eat, the more they resist. Could this be the case I asked? yes she said. It is born out in some of the quotes that people make about "food Police" and "Vegetarian fascism" I can only speak for myself, and I consider myself an expert on diets, having tried them all, the more I am told that I can't have something, the more I want that thing. I guess I am weak willed but hey I'm alive and can't be bothered with the guilt that people try to lay on me.! Anyway I expect to see the researcher back again this morning. We were so in to it that she left her coat behind when she went!
The weather is still being a pain. As soon as one lot of snow melts, another lot comes. Could be worse I suppose. Those poor people in Australia, caught up in the bush fires. Thank goodness it's not affecting S&M and S&S. I keep getting missives from Sonia telling me how wonderful it is. I'm glad it all worked out after all the travel traumas.
Have just made some orange marmalade and when I come back from the hairdressers I shall have a go at some made with grapefruits.
More later
Sheila x

1 comment:

Sheila or Graham said...

Yeah Mon! we is jammin again. Anon.