Saturday 30 May 2009

lovely weather

What a glorious day and it was yesterday as well. we shall get used to it and then it will go rainy again.
Yesterday we went to Skegness to be trained to be beach watchers. It was very good and lunch was provided although I wasn't able to actually go on the beach because of my pot but Graham had a good time with the rather vivacious young teacher! I on the other hand sat outside the hotel in the sun and read the Daily Mirror (the only free paper available). afterwards we were able to visit a supermarket and do a bit of shopping. I never thought I would see the day when shopping in a supermarket would seem like a treat!
Whilst we were out yesterday, Grahams new greenhouse was delivered. It wasn't supposed to come until Monday so it was quite a surprise. However Graham putting it together has afforded me more entertainment then one person can reasonably be expected to cope with. He is only stopping for hurried meals and the occasional toilet break. We are well into day two and it does seem to be taking shape ok though.
Have managed to speak to all my sisters in the last few days. Everybody seems ok except for poor old Sonia who has had responsibility thrust upon her. I think things will calm down after the funeral and there will be long periods of waiting. Waiting for the court to issue deeds etc. anyway I hope she will take it all in her stride as she usually does.
My white chicken is still playing up . She is broody and refuses to come out of the nest box. She gets very angry when you try to move her. I have chucked her out about a dozen times today but she goes straight back in and screeches like a banshee.
A delivery man who lives locally and keeps a lot of hens has just had all his cockerels and some of his hens taken by a fox. I guess it's just a question of not if but when?
Sheila x

2 comments:

Sheila or Graham said...

Strangely I seem to have a magnetic effect on young ladies,and I really have no Idea why,it can only be my personality as I have long ago lost my film star like good looks. Graham

Mike Saif said...

Trained to be beach watchers? Whatever next? I think that woman with Graham would have rather read the Daily Mirror. You should film Graham putting his greenhouse up so we can all share in the entertainment.