Tuesday 7 October 2008

harpist!

Went out last night to see a concert harpist. We were supposed to wear "evening wear" but as I haven't got any "evening wear" I just went nicely turned out in a little black dress. We were very relieved to see the harpist wearing jeans and a tea shirt! However......She then appeared in a long flowing ball gown. She was absolutely brilliant and could make the harp talk!
Out again this evening at a committee meeting. Graham is enjoying being in charge of the remote and when I come home he doesn't ask me how my evening went. He's too busy telling me about all the good things he has watched on T.V.
We have been trying to decide on a winter holiday but given the current financial climate we are a bit uncertain about whether prices will go up or down in the interim period so we are waiting a bit.
I am enjoying Anthony Montana's account of how he has to "do everything around here!"
There was a good joke going around which should suit him.
"How do you know if it's time to do the dishes, clean the kitchen and make the dinner?"
Look down your trousers and if you see a penis, it's not time!
Also enjoying the idiots who will eventually rule the "free world". At least most of our idiots are classically educated !
Pasta and Fish for tea so will leave it now.
Sheila xx

1 comment:

Mike Saif said...

I resent that Sheila. I always do the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen in our house after MS has made dinner.