Sunday 6 March 2011

And so to bed!

After going to bed at around 11pm we finally dropped off at 12.30am. suddenly there was an almighty yelp and all the lights went on. Graham said " I have been bitten on my hand!" At first there was nothing to see and I was convinced he had probably been scratched by a duvee feather. Pretty soon though his hand started to redden and swell. This instituted a stripping of the bed etc but we couldn't find anything. After trips to the bathroom and the kitchen to put vinegar on the bite.( which Graham said was very painful ) we decided to try going back to sleep.As soon as we went back into the bedroom Graham found the culprit. A great big Wasp! Now where would a wasp have come from in a very cold March? needless to say the wasp died of a slight headach curtesy of Grahams shoe.
Going back to sleep was impossible so once again it was back to reading until about 2am.

The vegetarian diet is going so so. It all seems a big faff but maybe thats because I am cooking two different meals. I haven't missed meat yet though.
more later. I have to go collect my new chickens now.
Sheila x

1 comment:

Sheila or Graham said...

Sheila forgot to mention the expletives.Graham