Wednesday 10 September 2008

Jammed out!

Fed up with making jam, I decided to do something different today. So I fried some Pear slices in butter ( Yes I Know dear nephew!) then I added some sweet wine and sugar and let it caramelise like toffee. I then put the pears into jars, boiled up a little more wine and sugar, poured it over the pears to seal the jars. Absolutely delicious!!
One of the girls is having a bit of difficulty emptying her crop which is getting bigger by the day and is almost trailing on the floor. I'm not sure what to do about it, or whether I am doing the right thing in picking her up and massaging her crop. It's a bit funny really because it is affecting her voice. she sounds more like a duck then a chicken and barks when she doesn't like it!
We have been looking at going on a round the world cruise in 2010 when I am 65. It's a lot of money though and the parsimonious side of me thinks that I could do so much more with my money. However, when am I ever going to go around the world and see all those countries. Probably never!
Speaking of travel, we are off to Gina's at the weekend. She is going to take us to this swish restaurant that she reviewed for her radio station. I think it is called "Sirloin" but not sure.
This is for her 30th birthday which is next week! Can it really be so long ago that I had her?
Thats all for now. Love Sheila x

2 comments:

sonia said...

I remember it like yesterday?

Mike Saif said...

Skip the butter it clogs your arteries. Skip the sugar, you have diabetes and go on the round the world tour and keep a journal.

BTW - what is a crop?